Sunday, November 12, 2023

New Auction Lots from Sandafayre

November 12, 2023

Received 2 lots that I purchased in Sandafayre's most recent auction:

  • Italy, 2 different 1935 Plebiscite sets, Scott 115-16 and 117-18.  These are expensive stamps, but if one is going to complete their BB, one must dig deep from time to time, and I try to acquire the expensive stamps in country collections as much as I can.  These cost me about $130, but the 2023 C.V. is $380, and I had an unused copy of #116, so I'll sell the unused stamp.
  • Panama, a country collection, which I'm not happy with.  Country collections have been hit or miss mostly, and this one is well worth what I paid for it (around $100), but it has 2 Vario pages of early Panama, which would be on Page 1 of Panama in BB, and I only needed 4 inexpensive stamps to complete the page.  Most of the rest of the collection is post-1940, and I'll be selling most of the entire collection.  I only gained 10 stamps for my BB from this purchase, and I was hoping for more.  My tally now for Panama is:  91/111 postal, 16/36 airmail, 0/2 Special Delivery, 8/8 Postal Tax and 5/7 Postage Due.  Totals are:  120/164, needing 44 stamps to complete Panama.  Many of these are minimum value stamps, and like many of the Latin American countries, Panama is not going to be easy to complete—dealers do not like to list online, or in any way mess with minimum value stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment